Giulia’s Fresh Pizza Dough on CTV Morning Live
1 tablespoon fresh yeast (1/4 envelope dry yeast)
2 cups water
1/4 warm water
5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the yeast and water mixture. Let sit for an additional 5 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the remaining flour, water and salt.
4. Add the yeast to the flour mixture
5. Using a wooden spoon combine the dough. It will begin to come together, once the dough forms a ball transfer it to a floured work surface.
6. Using the palm of your hand begin the kneed the dough for 3-5 minutes
7. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
8. Let the dough rest for 2 hours at room temperature or over night in the fridge.